04 February 2017

We tackle the BRSC championship race

No photos this time. Camera bust and I can't see the screen on my phone camera in bright light. I'll see about getting another camera.

The official plan was that Steve and I would sail Little Dragon in the monthly BRSC Championship Series Race. Well so far so good. We rigged, launched and entered. Didn't go too well after that.

Steve was still getting his shoes on when the hooter went and we didn't get the watch started, not surprisingly we ended up with a very poor start. However that didn't matter as the real plan was that Steve and I would get more practice together in race conditions before tackling the Bay to Bay race again at the end of April. We managed to tack and gybe as a team with increasing confidence. There was plenty of wind and although I thought that my shoulder had recovered once I tried to pull in the main I realised that it was still very weak. So Steve had to help easing the main for gusts and then yanking it in again. All good practice.

The Championship Race - DNF.


No comments: