19 March 2016

Baby Dragon - a project

I spotted this 11 ft dinghy looking very forlorn outside Steve's place and he told me that he had just put it on Gumtree. To cut the story short I snapped it up at mate's rates. It just seemed right to name her "Baby Dragon".


I had been thinking for a while it would be good to have a simple, quickly set up and very stable dinghy to sail when I don't want to rig Little Dragon. I never dreamt that it would be one built many years ago for "Father and Son!" It will be "a project" as Steve never had it set up for sailing so I need a rig. I have already acquired a 2.3hp Honda outboard in Iluka. It's almost new and was for sale at around half price.  I am currently varnishing the sturdy old wooden oars but I want to be able to get back to Harwood against the tide if the wind drops.

PS This family sailing dinghy it totally different to a modern Sabre and I don't know if there is any connection at all.

No comments: